Rice and pea protein powder with multi and more for support during an elimination or detox program.* MediClear Plus is a rice and pea protein-based nutritional supplement, with a complete multi-vitamin/mineral profile, additional detoxification cofactors, and well-absorbed botanical phytosomes. *
This unsweetened, unflavored member of Thorne’s MediClear suite provides essential detox nutrients and botanicals along with a complete range of vitamins and minerals in their most absorbable, tissue-ready forms.* MediClear Plus includes well-absorbed curcumin phytosome, grape seed phytosome, and green tea phytosome to help maintain the body’s normal inflammatory response to toxic insults.*
Suggested Use For adults and children 12 or more years of age. Mix one serving (two scoops) with at least 8 ounces of cold water, juice, rice milk, or nut milk, or as recommended by your health professional. This product is not a medical food. It is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program. Do not use in diets supplying less than 600 calories per day without complete medical supervision. Servings per container: 21
Mix one serving (two scoops) with at least 8 ounces of cold water, juice, rice milk, or nut milk, or as recommended by your health professional. This product is not a medical food. It is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program.
Two Scoops (36.2 g) Contain:
- Calories 120
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Total Carbohydrate 2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Protein 20 g
- Vitamin A (3,000 IU/900 mcg RAE as Beta Carotene and 2,000 IU/600 mcg RAE as Palmitate)1.5 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 300 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (400 IU) 10 mcg
- Vitamin E (110 IU/73.9 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol and 10 IU/6.7 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol from 88.7 mg Mixed Tocopherols) 80.6 mg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 12 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg
- Niacin (30 mg as Niacinamide and 8 mg as Niacin) 38 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate) 10 mg
- Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 300 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 50 mcg
- Biotin 150 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 50 mg
- Calcium (as Calcium Citrate) 300 mg
- Iron 5 mg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 150 mg
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 10 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 1.5 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)†† 100 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)†† 50 mcg
- Sodium 190 mg
- Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 100 mg
- Proprietary Blend††† 25.53 g
- Pea Protein Isolate
- Rice Protein
- Glycine†††† 1.65 g
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) 1.5 g
- L-Glutamine†††† 500 mg
- L-Lysine (as L-Lysine Monohydrochloride)†††† 500 mg
- Curcumin Phytosome††††† (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 400 mg
- Milk Thistle extract (fruit) (Silybum marianum) 250 mg
- Taurine†††† 110 mg
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) 100 mg
- Grapeseed Phytosome††††† (Vitis vinifera extract / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
- Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 50 mg
- Green Tea Phytosome††††† (Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine†††† 50 mg
- Choline Citrate 30 mg
- Glutathione (Reduced)†††† 25 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)†††††† 100 mcg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 60 mcg
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Citrate) 50 mcg
Other Ingredients: Silicon Dioxide.
Contains ingredients derived from soy (phytosomes).
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.’s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.
††This product uses Albion’s TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate chelate, Molybdenum Glycinate chelate, and Zinc Bisglycinate chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
†††VegaLite, Thorne’s trade name for proprietary pea / rice protein blend.
††††Added Amino Acids.
††††† This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s green tea phytosome (Greenselect®), grape seed phytosome (Leucoselect®), and curcumin phytosome (Meriva®). Greenselect, Leucoselect, and Meriva are registered trademarks of Indena S.p.A.
††††††This product uses Albion’s Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc. Camellia standardized to EGCG 40%. Silybum standardized to Silymarin 65%
Use & Guidelines
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
MediClear Plus contains green tea phytosome, curcumin phytosome, and grape seed phytosome – plant extracts complexed with phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from soy. Phosphatidylcholine contains no soy protein. There are no other soy-based ingredients in MediClear Plus.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate’s anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
This product is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program. Do not use in diets supplying less than 600 calories per day without complete medical supervision.
Can I use MediClear or MediClear Plus if I am pregnant or nursing a baby?
Since they have not been tested in these situations, we recommend that you consult your health-care practitioner before using MediClear or MediClear Plus.
2. Is it safe for children to use MediClear Plus?
The MediClear Program is designed for adults or youth older than 12 years under the supervision of a health-care practitioner. Your practitioner may deem it necessary to use this product for someone younger than 12, with supervision, although it should not be the sole source of nutrition.
3. If I am allergic to rice, can I take MediClear Plus?
Since MediClear and MediClear Plus contain rice protein, if you are allergic to rice, MediClear might not be the product for you. Talk to your health-care practitioner. He or she might suggest trying MediClear or MediClear Plus for a time, or the use of another protein powder, such as Thorne’s Medipro, a pure whey protein powder that includes vitamins and minerals.
4. Why does MediClear Plus feel “grainy” or “gritty” in my mouth? ?
Even though the rice protein is ground into a very fine powder, it has a slightly gritty consistency. Also, the minerals in the product make it feel a bit grainy. We suggest drinking the MediClear beverage right after mixing it, to prevent ingredients from settling to the bottom of the container. Also, it helps to mix a teaspoon of flax oil with the MediClear beverage and rinse your mouth with pure water after drinking MediClear or MediClear Plus.
5. What if I have soy sensitivities?
MediClear contains no soy. MediClear Plus contains three plant phytosomes – plant extracts combined with phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from soy. However, since phosphatidylcholine contains no soy protein, most soy-sensitive people tolerate it just fine. Talk to your health-care practitioner.