- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a building block to an antioxidant called Glutathione, which is a primary antioxidant for your body.
- Glutathione is particularly important in the liver, which is the main detoxifying organ of the body, removing chemicals, heavy metals and toxins.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
- This would be suitable if you’ve been drinking polluted water, non-organic low-quality foods, or other exposure to chemicals and toxins. If you are going through a detox protocol, then NAC would be of a great addition to help cleanse the liver of toxins. Alternatively, if you’ve previously consumed alcohol or drugs in excess, this would be a consideration to rebuild your liver health and reduce workload from it.
- NAC can help your lungs by reducing mucous thickness, reducing mucous will help you to breathe properly. This would have to be determined on an individual basis whether you need to NAC for this specific reason. Mucous could thicken or develop from illness or be somewhat exercise-induced, however mucous is also a defence for your body so you need some of it.
- NAC, because it helps produce the antioxidant glutathione, it could be useful after intense periods of physical training as a recovery supplement. Intense training will provide a large amount of stimulus and stress to the body, which afterwards needs to be countered with something to repair the damage caused by the stimulus.
Recommended Usage and Guidelines
Taking 1 capsule per day is recommended, however depending on your circumstances this could potentially be increased, but consult a practitioner before doing so.